Commercial Academic Research License Conditions
For research groups that are building server based services and portals supporting postgraduate research programs or individual researchers affiliated with degree-granting educational institutions, or researchers affiliated with academic settings whose research is funded by commercial entities we have introduced the Commercial Academic Research License program which lets the research groups or individuals from educational settings use ChemAxon’s technology for their research activities. The main difference from the free academic package is that this license type grants access to shared, central or remote databases (enterprise functions are enabled) for commercial purposes under the conditions described below.
What does the Commercial Academic Research License include?
- Instant JChem
- JChem for Office
- Document to Structure
- Calculator Plugins
- Structure Checker
- Markush Enumeration
- Compound Registration
- JChem Base
- JChem Cartridge (above 20 users)
- JChem Web Services
To learn more about our products, please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/products/
How to obtain and maintain a ChemAxon Commercial Academic Research License?
- First you need to register on our website using your institutional email address.
- Read the general conditions and apply for the license by describing your project and affiliation(s).
- Your application will be reviewed. We may need additional details during the acceptance process.
- Once your application is accepted, you will be notified and invoiced.
- You must maintain the accuracy of your application. If the circumstances of your research project change, you need to ensure that it continues to comply with the Commercial Academic Research License terms. To review or amend your application please contact us.
- To access the software you should visit the download page and select the software required.
If you have any questions about how to apply for, maintain or access software provided under the Commercial Academic Research License conditions please visit our Support Forum.
To read more about why we introduced this license type, please visit the related blog post.
General conditions of offer
- The Commercial Academic Research License is assigned only to named individuals or groups (units, departments of degree granting educational settings) who carry our research funded by commercial entities or want to access shared, central or remote databases.
- The license keys cannot be transferred beyond the named individuals or groups for whom originally granted to use the functionality outside of the university or with unlicensed individuals.
- Only ChemAxon software listed above is included in the Commercial Academic Research License.
- No products, applications, services or any other delivery of software performance which contains the provided software are allowed without the written permission of ChemAxon.
- ChemAxon charges EUR 500 per user per year for the software provided within the Commercial Academic Research License.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for software upgrades or support provided via the Technical Support Forum for software provided within the Commercial Academic Research License.
- Any publications or presentations (if any) based upon implementations or data generated by provided software must cite ChemAxon. For specific citation information please see our details located here.
- Applicants and license holders must remain familiar with the conditions of the Commercial Academic Research License and maintain the accuracy of their applications according to the requested information and respond to requests to confirm the accuracy of application details.
- ChemAxon reserves the right to alter the conditions of the Commercial Academic Research License at any time. Any changes to these conditions will be posted on this page.
Special conditions of offer
The Commercial Academic Research License allows:
- obtaining license for all users (no need for each user to get and maintain their own licenses).
- centrally deploying and sharing data across all users using our JChem for Office, Instant JChem and Plexus Discovery and desktop applications.
- building custom or centralised data systems, using Marvin, JChem or other technologies including compound registration on various databases, using various interfaces to curate, input, generate and report data and chemical structures.
- accessing or building shared systems for discovery functionality (clustering, library enumeration, fragmentation, structure characterization and virtual screening), and integrating within systems via server.
Under the Commercial Academic Research License, you may not
- share or distribute large numbers or batches of ChemAxon structure based calculations (Calculator Plugins) to external organizations except in the case where data derived from ChemAxon structure calculation is presented without the contributing ChemAxon data included. The reporting of a small number of ChemAxon structure generated data (approx. less than 100 structures) in support of reporting is permitted.
- have email or telephone support. ChemAxon provides assistance only through the technical support forum as written above.
- expect guarantee of feature development.