Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.
Transformations with atom lists
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
Reply to topic
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
bobgr

Visit poster's website

Link to postPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:47 amPost subject: Transformations with atom lists Reply with quote

Consider this transformation:

Code:
[#7,#15,#33;X3,X4;0:1]=[#34,#16,#8,#7,#6:2]>>[#7,#15,#33;+:1]-[#34,#16,#8,#7,#6;-:2]

For atom 2, I want the heavier atoms to take precedent over the lighter ones. So, for example, I want CN=N(C)=O to be converted to CN=[N+](C)[O-], but it is being converted to C[N-][N+](C)=O. Is there a way to enforce an order of operations in the atom list short of listing the transformation multiple times, each with a different atom 2?

And another question. If I list multiple transformations such as the one above in a single Standardizer file, how many transformations would I have to have before Standardizer became less efficient than simply going through the molecule bond by bond and looking for the pattern manually?
Gyuri
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

The simplest solution currently is to create a queue of separate specific transforms. I do not expect any serious slowdown even if you have some dozens of transforms.

Regarding related future plans, we will add a new Chemical Terms function with a parameter list of functional groups, that will match those functional groups in their listed order.
Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: