Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.
RDF import into existing table heirarchy?
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
Reply to topic
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
lunchbox99

Link to postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:57 amPost subject: RDF import into existing table heirarchy? Reply with quote

I have created an IJC database with a parent structure table (compounds) and a batch subtable (can be one or more batch records for each compound).

I have imported several thousand records into this database using the RDF import/template feature. If I receive another set of compounds that have the same compound and batch information, is there a way to import the new RDF into the existing tables. Does the RDF import always create new tables or can you map fields to existing table fields? I could test this but it is quicker to just ask.
lunchbox99

Link to postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:12 amPost subject: Reply with quote

just did the test - by default RDF import deletes existing tables. The .properties RDF import configuration file includes "drop artifacts" and "create artifacts" sections. Not sure what will happen if I remove these - might as well give it a try.
lunchbox99

Link to postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 amPost subject: Reply with quote

tried removing the drop and create artifact sections - RDF import complained.

change drop and create to dummy table names - got past the drop/create artifact part then received an error that the table/field names I was trying to use were already in use. Seems like RDF import can only work for creating new tables & relationships.

How can I get additional relational data in at a later date?
tdudgeon
ChemAxon personnel

Visit poster's website

Link to postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 amPost subject: Reply with quote

The RDF import is only suitable for importing into new tables. It does not handle incremental updates.

Your best bet might be to combine the files first (e.g. using a text editor or another tool) and them to import the data in one go.

Tim
Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: