Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.
Linking excel files
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
Reply to topic
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
mariepang

Link to postPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 amPost subject: Linking excel files Reply with quote

Hello,

I am a new user to JChem. I know that it is possible to import sdf files into JChem for Excel with structures, ID codes, physicochemical features etc as well as assay data in an excel format. However, what I am really interested to know is if the software can append the assay data to the correct compound in the imported sdf files by matching up ID codes? In other words, do i need to manually insert the relevant assay data for each compound one at a time.

Thank you in advance,

Marie

tpelcz
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:36 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marie,

it is not yet possible, to merge data based on a common field. Walready have this feature request in our issue tracking system. We do not know yet, in which release we are going to implement it.

In the meantime, you could try to accomplish this with a 3rd party add-in:

http://www.ablebits.com/excel-lookup-tables/index.php

It should be possible, since we do not input any special objects for structures, we use only a simple function. We will later implement probably a similar functionality.

Best regards,

Tamas.

Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: