Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.
JChem for Excel Version 1.1.2 Installation problem
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
Reply to topic
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
tomt

Link to postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:19 pmPost subject: JChem for Excel Version 1.1.2 Installation problem Reply with quote

Hi All:

I'm getting an excel addin related error after installing JChem for Excel(1.1.2).

Error message is: "Excel experienced a serious problem with 'jchemforexcel jchemforexceladdin' addin. .... Do you want to disable this addin? Please see attachment for the whole message.

If I click on no to disable the addin, the Excel will load and the Jchem addin menu shows. All the icons and menu item are there, but clicking on any of them including 'Help' or 'License' the whole Excel program terminates.

I did have an older version installed before this and it was un-installed before I installed 1.1.2. I also re-started my computer after installation.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Filename: addin-error.jpg    Filesize: 22.97 KB    Viewed: 2064 Time(s)
 Description:  
addin-error.jpg
tomt

Link to postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

I found the solution. Apparently there was conflict between other addins and Jchem for excel addin. After disabling other addins, it worked.

Tom

tpelcz
ChemAxon personnel

Link to postPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:17 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

we would be interested in what Add-Ins were causing the problem, so we could check it out. If it is not public, you can reply in private (tpelcz@chemaxon.com).

Regards,

Tamas.

tomt

Link to postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late late reply.

The other addin was something we were developing in-house and the addin was corrected. It no longer causes problem.

-Tom

Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: