Technical Support Forum Index
Technical Support Forum
Access ChemAxon scientists and developers here. For registration and login issues contact website support.
Cartridge 5.5 and Oracle 10g
To watch this topic for replies  Register (enables digests) or give email address:
Reply to topic
    View previous topic :: View next topic    
afant

Link to postPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:07 pmPost subject: Cartridge 5.5 and Oracle 10g Reply with quote

The documentation for the JChem Oracle cartridge says that version 10.2.0.3 of Oracle is required to install if running 10G.  Oracle only provides 10.2.0.2 for Linux.  Does this mean that I have to upgrade to 11G if I want to use Linux as the host for the backend database, or is there a patch cluster available that brings the Linux 10G installation into compliance?

Thanks

pkovacs
ChemAxon personnel

Visit poster's website

Link to postPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is a patch set for 10.2.0.3: p5337014_10203_Linux-x86-64.zip

But if you are about to patch anyway (as opposed to already having a 10.2.0.3 installation working), I'd patch at least to 10.2.0.4 (p6810189_10204_Linux-x86-64.zip) or even to the latest patch set (which I don't have the patch number on top of my head).

afant

Link to postPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I'm far from an expert on Oracle and navigating their patch site was not going well.

Andy 

Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1

To watch this topic for replies   Register (enables digests) or give email address  
Jump to: