Academic License conditions
Our free Academic License program aims to give schools and universities the basic tools to develop interactive chemistry teaching resources and advanced tools to enable students and staff to perform original research from within a single platform. Under the program ChemAxon tools, forum support and access to upgrades are available at no charge. Two major types of academic licenses are available: Academic License for Teaching and Academic License for Research. Our package is heavily used around the globe.
How to obtain and maintain a free ChemAxon Academic License?
- First you have to log in to our website. If you do not have a user name yet please register yourself.
- Read the general conditions and apply for the free license if you think you will fulfill our requirements.
- Complete the application and submit.
- Your application will be reviewed. We may need additional details during the acceptance process.
- Once your application is accepted you can download your license from the My Licenses page.
- You must maintain the accuracy of your application. You will need to amend your application if you change or introduce new software use. You will also need to amend your application to inform of implementations or articles generated with data from these tools. To review or amend your application please log in and revisit your application page.
- To access the software you should visit this download page and select the software required.
If you have any questions about how to apply for, maintain or access software provided under the Academic License conditions please visit our Academic License support forum.
Academic Research or Teaching License?
Common conditions: Both licenses are valid for two years; they are assigned to named individuals. The license keys – either for research or for teaching – cannot be transferred beyond individuals and groups identified here.
- Academic Research License: The license is granted for research purposes and the license keys provided are issued to named individuals, the license cannot be distributed. The term of the license is two years, subsequent licenses will be provided if publications can be demonstrated and ChemAxon is correctly cited. Please note that you cannot share this license to carry out research in team or to build a database!
- Academic Teaching License: The license is granted for teaching purposes and the license keys provided can be distributed to current members of the department stated in the application. The term of the license is two years which can be extended anytime as long as the license holder teaches.
General conditions of offer
- The Academic License is only available to academic organisations.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for the provided software offered within the Academic License.
- ChemAxon makes no charge for software upgrades or support provided via the Technical Support Forum for software provided within the Academic License.
- With the exception of fees related to tuition neither the academic organisation, commercial or academic partners nor any of its employees will receive funds or payments in kind related to the performance of the provided software.
- No products, applications, services or any other delivery of software performance which contains the provided software are allowed without the written permission of ChemAxon.
- All implementations of provided software should (when possible) credit ChemAxon by placing a logo (image here) with a link to http://www.chemaxon.com, on all the relevant pages or sections of the implementation where the software is providing content.
- Any publications or presentations based upon implementations or data generated by provided software must cite ChemAxon. For specific citation information please see our details located here.
- Applicants and license holders must remain familiar with the conditions of the Academic License and maintain the accuracy of their applications according to the requested information and respond to requests to confirm the accuracy of application details. For a history of all changes to these conditions please visit Conditions history
- ChemAxon’s Academic License is a community driven effort, licensees should, whenever possible, make efforts to support other ChemAxon users through contributing code to the “Contribute” thread of the Technical Support Forum and through offering advice to other ChemAxon users on the Technical Support Forum.
- ChemAxon reserves the right to alter the conditions of the Academic License at any time. Any changes to these conditions will be posted to the appropriate section of the Technical Support Forum.
If you have any questions on the Academic License conditions or any other comments please visit our Academic License support forum.